Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Blues- Chalk Urban Art Festival 2010


This week I am taking part in the Chalk Urban Art Festival in Parramatta. It's the second time I've taken part in the Festival and we started today.

Over 3 and a half days, 30 artists will be competing to win the title of Champion Chalk Artist. We are working on canvases of about 2m x 2.4m.

The theme is The Blues.

Working on that scale, and on the ground has plenty of challenges and already I have seen the benefit of experience showing in the first day's work, compared to last years efforts.

Here are a couple of preparatory sketches that I did in Photoshop to work out some of the details. I'll post some progress shots of the chalk piece as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Luke,

    I went along to the Chalk Art Festival in Parramatta over the weekend. I loved this work and was my vote to win. Take a look at my blog Festival Girl for pictures :)

    http://festivalgirl.blogspot.com/2010/10/festival-girl-rates-chalk-urban-art.html

    ReplyDelete